Promising a Clean and Safe Enviornment
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice.
You may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We follow infection control recommendations made by the America Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up to date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agency’s recommendations.
Here are some changes to current recommendations, that you may see when it is time for your next appointment. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and our team.
- Health screening and temperature check of employees when reporting to work.
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask for some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We ask that you wear a mask when entering, leaving, or moving around our office.
- We have a hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office.
- Patients are asked to come by themselves when possible, aside from minors and caretakers.
- When you arrive at our office, we ask that you stay in your car and text/call our office to let us know your parking space number. A front desk member will come to greet you and take a screening temperature and ask you a few screening questions.
- Your assistant/hygienist will come to your car to get you when your treatment room is ready.
- You will be asked to do a pre-procedural and post-procedural disinfecting rinse.
- All treatment providers will be utilizing high-speed suction devices both in and just outside your mouth whenever possible.
- Each treatment room will have its own air purifier with a ULPA (Ultra-Low Particulate Air) filter that cycles the entire rooms air 4x per hour and removes 99.995% of particles down to .100 microns.
- Our office A/C System is also fitted with MERV 13 filters that remove viruses, mold spores, and bacteria from the air.
- Ozone machines are run nightly to disinfect and kill pathogens such as viruses, bacteria, and mold. No one is allowed in the office during and for 4 hours after this process.
- Two whole -office air purifiers that filter down to 0.100 microns will run 24/7 as well to remove any pathogens from the air.
- Hypochlorous acid foggers are used twice a day to disinfect the treatment rooms.