You deserve bright, white teeth in your smile. Our teeth whitening treatments will help you achieve just that—so you can feel confident in your tooth coloring.
Professional Teeth Whitening
Millions of people complain of dulled or yellowed teeth that take away from their smiles. Discolored teeth can be associated with poor hygiene, but they are also associated with old age, and frailty of the teeth that can be caused by a few different things.
Professional teeth whitening treatments make it easier to achieve a bright smile, sometimes in just one treatment. The treatment works by treating the teeth with a hydrogen peroxide gel and then activating the gel to release oxygen ions. These oxygen ions flood your teeth and break down interior and exterior staining to achieve a bright look. This bleaching process is incredibly effective and extremely safe with little to no discomfort.
Our office uses the Philips® Zoom! in office whitening system. If you want a quick pick me up for a special occasion, this system can get your teeth up to eight shades whiter in a single sitting!
How is professional teeth whitening performed?
Our office currently offers two different types of professional whitening services: in-office and custom-made trays.
- In-office. These procedures start by covering up vulnerable areas inside the mouth, including the lips and gums, to prevent exposure from the peroxide. Then, we apply a high-concentrate hydrogen peroxide gel directly to the teeth and activate it. You will rest comfortably for a short time until the gel does its work. Then we remove the coverings and rinse the gel away.
- Custom-made trays. We will take a custom mold of your teeth to make clear trays that you take home, along with a whitening gel. These trays will help minimize the risk of whitening gel affecting your gums or mouth and you can whiten your teeth from the comfort of your home. All you have to do is place the whitening gel inside the trays and place the trays in your mouth.
How much does teeth whitening cost?
We aim to provide quality dental care that’s affordable for our patients in Winter Springs, FL. Out-of-pocket cost for any procedure depends on your insurance coverage at the time of the procedure. Teeth whitening, however, is considered a cosmetic procedure, not typically covered by insurance.
- Take-Home Custom Trays with Gel: $198
- Take-home Bleach Refills (Opalescence): $33/2.4 mL Pack
- In-Office Zoom Teeth Whitening Cost: $899
What are the benefits of teeth whitening?
Teeth whitening brightens your smile which can raise confidence, help you appear healthier and happier and younger—even more energetic. This can go a long way in improving your overall appearance and can sometimes be achieved in just one treatment.
There are various options to help whiten your teeth—see which option is best.Best Teeth Whitening Options
How do I whiten my teeth at home?
If you’re looking for a teeth whitening remedy without coming to the dentist, there are a few simple things you can try at home like brushing with baking powder, use hydrogen peroxide to brush or rinse with on an occasional basis (cut the peroxide in half so you are using a 1.5% solution and not a 3% solution, which is common for over-the-counter), use apple cider vinegar as a brushing or rinsing agent, eat more fruits and vegetables they are good for your body and your teeth, limit foods that stain your teeth such as soda, coffee and wine, limit your sugar intake and always remember to brush and floss twice a day—its still a powerful tool.
Interested in Teeth Whitening?
If you have any questions about teeth whitening or if you would like a consultation, please schedule an appointment using the link below. We also provide numerous other restorative, preventative, and cosmetic dental services, see all of them by clicking See All Dental Services.